Week 5: Bat Data

This week has been exciting so far! I finally got a chance to speak with Matt some more about the bat data, and I asked if I could start recording some data on the bats. Yesterday, Tuesday, I went out to Encanto park and walked nearly all of it. Luckily I had a lot of results, and Matt was able to use a program to identify some of the unrecognized sounds. I plan on going out tomorrow to check Rio Salado and see what types of bats there are there. After I gather the data, Matt advised me to set up a t-test and compare both areas. 


This is the Echo Meter that records and identifies the different types of bats. It plugs into your phone, and it works with an app to record. 

 Heres some of how the app looks like while it measures and records the bat data, as you can see in the box under the red, a bat was recorded but unidentified. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: Learning more about biology and bacteria

1st Blog